Thursday, May 30, 2019

Cards of Fortune :: Free Essays Online

Cards of Fortune I suppose in a way Tonia is right, life isnt worth living, if both(prenominal) of us arent there to see it, together. Thats what twins do after all. They are an intrinsical part of each others life, ceasing to exist without the second. But, I notice that were drifting apart(predicate), separated by this something, intangible, unnamable, and yet more potent than all of our past put together. I can remember how as superficial girls we played together. There were no other children with the troupe, and even when we passed the towns well, the children were never friendly, preferring to fear and call names. But Tonia, she was always there to play with, to laugh with, to cry with. compete by the fire, dancing under the moon, we were eccentric children, not given to the usual childhood games, preferring instead to talk quietly, and whisper our secrets, scarcely it was always us, together, until now. One of our front-runner games was to confuse Septemi us, the poor man he always did have trouble telling us apart. But then, we were children at the time, and not given over to lamentable about the troubles of a grown man. Poor, dear, Septemius, even now I can sense his thoughts, and hes worried, as I am. He knows that Tonia is growing apart from us, and every so often, Ill catch him grimaceing at her, realizing the distance thats growing, between her and me, between all of us, and I see that look of scare off sadness in his eyes. I think he sees mother in her, in us rather. I remember the look he gives her now, and its the look he had when my mother left. People tend to think children do not remember such things, that in their happy nave lives they dont understand, but I knew then, as I do now, that mother broke his heart. And as much as Septemius grieves for Tonias departure from the family, and through that grieves still for the loss of the muliebrity he once knew, so do I grieve. And, yet, somehow I feel my sadness de eper, a sharper pain, for it is not the loss of an abstract family member, or even a sister, it is the loss of part of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment