Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Heart Disease Paper :: Essays Papers

Heart Disease Paper I often have that dream, the one where die. It doesn’t really matter how or when because it’s different every single time. Other people have told me that they’ve had this dream, so I’m not worried that I’ve lost my mind somewhere along the way. My dream is different though. I look to see who’s there. Who walks by and cries and who just walks by. Why does this matter? Why do I care? I didn’t think I did. I recently talked to my dad on instant messenger. It was a slow talk because computers are rather new to him and he has to â€Å"hunt and punch†, as he likes to call it. The reason I mention my father is because I was going to interview him about this paper. You see, heart disease runs in our family and it is presently his turn to be the one who has to watch what he eats. Before him it was my Grandpa Fikes, who unfortunately is no longer with us. I am no different. I have their genes throughout my body and they are slowly taking their effect on my heart and me. The problem is that as a college student I should be in the healthiest and strongest years of my life, but instead I feel like those days are behind me like they were taken away in a gust of wind. I recently stopped at a local Wal-Mart and found one of those machines in the pharmacy department, you know the one that squeezes your arm and tells you not to move because it’s testing, and took the test. I only took it out of pure boredom because my girlfriend was shopping for girl things. When the test was done I took the figures and compared them to the chart on the left. It just so happens that I was borderline in every category. Of course my girlfriend just happened to be passing by and noticed my numbers and let out one of her oh so annoying gasps. She made me take it again. The figures still turned out the same though. This made me somewhat uneasy as I remembered my Grandpa and my Dad. Was I Next? How could I prevent this from happening to me? Why is this happening to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment